Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Very restful day followed by a wasted day!

Took Tuesday as a recovery day, a bit wet with some drizzle and overcast but warm enough at 22 c. I elected to just do the canal ride but without the 'training loop', it was very strange on the canal path, I only saw one other bike rider which is extremely unusual, normally there are heaps, ladies with their shopping, kids, bike riders, tourists but today nothing, felt a bit like the Marie Celeste. The afternoon was spent cleaning my bike and watching the Tour, amazing stage, I really enjoyed it, however I am getting a little tired of the 'knockers' who now descend on any winner with accusations, veiled or otherwise, of doping. Personally I want to believe and at the moment I am more swayed to believe that the guy calling for night time testing and for testers to attend training camps is the straight one. Maybe the answer is that the call for more testing has curtailed other 'booster' programmes? which is why certain teams are no longer competitive? I've also decided that FB 'friends' that launch gratuitous doping innuendos will no longer be FB 'friends", I just can't be bothered with it all.
Thursday should have been a race day, and I suppose it was of sorts. Given that the traffic around the Ghent road works was horrendous in the rain on Monday I decided that I would allow an extra hour to do my 100km journey today. Of course today the traffic was absolutely fine, so I was at the race venue two hours early!! Better than being late I guess. Highlight of the day was three people remembering me as a winner at this village (Koekelare with the OWVF)) previously, they must have long memories it was a while ago and on a different course to todays race. The last time I raced here, on todays course, I needed to hop on the pavement and sprint to get in the money, the last corner at speed is a bit sketchy to say the least. Today was wet, the course short at 2.5km, on narrow winding roads with a bit of 'street furniture' so quite interesting, however the race for me lasted five laps - Puncture - so I guess I'll be training tomorrow, since my next race is Saturday. The bonus is I get to clean my bike again, the course today was rural and muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment