Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Getting ready

Well having been encouraged by public demand to repeat my attempts at blogging the unfolding story of my 2015 trip to Belgium to attempt to race with the 'Top Guns' there this is the first post with two days to go to my departure date. Actually I probably need to own up that it was five people that said that they would like me to write a blog again and one of them was my wife so strictly speaking doesn't count as a 'fan'! At this point I'm ready to go, at least my bike is prepped, new tyres, new handlebar tape, all cables oiled, gears tweaked etc. etc - you get the idea. Mind you I have to partly disassemble it again to get it into its hard shell travelling case.
My clothes are strewn across a spare bed ready to be packed and my carry on stuff is separated ready to go. Even though I try to take as little as possible I always seem to bring back stuff I didn't actually wear, but I suppose if I hadn't had it I would have been looking for it, life can be a little perverse like that! However I really needn't worry anyway I've calculated that I have a 75Kg baggage allowance, not that I want to be lugging that much weight around the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment