Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Taking a breather, now ready to race again.

Got  soaked on my ride on Monday, I was only going to cruise around the countryside for a couple of hours, too late for training now, it was overcaste when I started but the roads were dry so I went out, my throat seemed OK after a good sleep.  But this is Belgium, it started drizzling, then it started raining, I wasn't even half way around my proposed loop so I turned around, home for a hot shower, wash my clothes and clean my bike again!  Hopefully I didn't aggravate my sore throat.

I was quite surprised that my legs felt reasonably good, I didn't really test them of course but I still won't race until Wednesday.

 
Crossing the finish line for the final time
 
 
I was quite impressed with my power numbers from the race yesterday, nothing spectacular at the top end, nothing over 850 but my best average for 10 minutes was 325 watts, 20 minutes 320 watts, 30 minutes 320 watts and 60 minutes 310 watts, pretty happy with that shows I was trying pretty hard when I was on my own.

 
Cracked them at last


I don't think I mentioned that the over 60 races are now over 58, not sure why, doesn't make them any easier that's for sure.  Again for reasons I don't understand the reigning Over 60 ICF world champion race in his WC jersey, first time I've seen him wear it and possibly a bit cheeky since the race was with the WAOD who withdrew from the ICF earlier in the year.

 
Quick visit to the Aalst criterium in the evening, Aalst is a pig of a place to park at the best of times but with 60,000 - 70,000 coming to watch, Froome, Sagan and Roche plus a host of local pro's 'race' it was a nightmare.  I arrived late and left as soon as it was over.  Sagan just managed to get over Froome in the sprint, yeh right, but with the amount of beer being consumed everybody seemed happy. 
 
 
 
Today, Wednesday the weather was still pretty average but I managed 2 hours easy missing most of the showers. A headwind out and tailwind home so the first 27km in just on 40 minutes, the return 27km in just under an hour! Of course I wasn't trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment